Professional entry requirements:
- Suitable personal and presentational skills;
- Good standard of spoken and written English;
- A commitment to and understanding of teaching and learning;
- A minimum of 10 days recent and relevant experience (previous 2 years) of volunteering/working in a primary school/early years setting.
Academic entry requirements:
- A first degree of a United Kingdom higher education institution or equivalent qualification (2.2 or above);
- A standard equivalent to a grade C in the GCSE examinations in English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject.
- If you do not hold the degree or Science qualification at the point of application, your application form must demonstrate that you are in the process of achieving these;
- For the purposes of initial teacher training, level 2 literacy and numeracy qualifications are not equivalent to GCSE grade C in Mathematics and English Language:
- An ‘equivalency’ qualification from a HEI will be considered in place of GCSE grade C in Mathematics, English or Science;
- You will need to submit NARIC confirmation of equivalency if you hold non-UK GCSE qualifications.
Pre-programme entry requirements:
Successful candidates will be required to meet all the following conditions of offer by the date as outlined in any conditional offer and no later than the programme start date.
- Successful completion of Professional Skills Tests in Literacy and Numeracy. For further details see sta.education.gov.uk;
- Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) criminal records checks including a check on the children’s barred list;
- Confirmation of clear Health and Physical Capacity to Teach;
- Criminal records checks for overseas applicants or those who have worked abroad for 6 months or more in the last 5 years;
- Childcare disqualification check;
- Prohibited Teachers check.
Further information and necessary documentation will be provided to successful candidates as part of their conditions of offer.